Happy sailing season Sail Campers!
We are looking forward to Sail Camp this summer from Sunday 25th of July until Friday 30th July
A week full of fun and learning to sail
You will be able to book your place on the club website from now. (See below)
If there are problems when booking then please let Edmund Clarke firstname.lastname@example.org know as soon as possible.
The cost is the same as the last time £180 /child.
All instruction and food is included.
There are extra charges for boat hire, helmet hire and log books.
Once you have booked on you will be sent the relevant camp, tent and kit information.
The last date for booking is the 13th of June
Any booking after this date will include a late booking fee of £20.
This is because this year, several instructors have to book holiday off in advance and if they are not needed then they will have taken time off for no need.
We need to know the numbers as soon as possible so we can start organising things.
This year there are a couple of changes we need to put in place.
Unfortunately, we are now unable to accommodate "special helpers" eg under 8yrs during the day as a result of insurance issues and the number of children anticipated.
This may mean you need to make other arrangements for them when you have duties to support the camp if your child is attending, as you will still need to do these duties to ensure the camp runs well.
We wanted to give you as much notice as possible for this.
There will be a limit on the numbers of adults camping all week too due to the high number of children/tent spaces and these will be given to the full time helper roles.
We are planning to have a full residential camp.
However, we are also making plans to switch it to a day camp if the COVID situation makes it too difficult to have the full residential camp.
In the case of a day camp, the children will be dropped off at 9 am and picked up at around 4 -4.30pm. They will need to attend with a packed lunch but we will provide hot and cold drinks and soup at lunchtime to keep everyone warm.
There will be a partial refund if we have to switch to a day camp.
As you will appreciate a lot of the outlay for the camp is upfront.
Unfortunately parents /guardians will not be able to stay on site during the day or camp for that week in the case of a day camp.
A minimum team of Sail camp volunteers will be in place to help with the running of the day camp.
This is to help us minimise the risk of spread of COVID amongst those instructors and volunteers who have to be there and who will remain on site for the week. We will use lateral flow testing (if it is still available) for full time volunteers before we start.
This means that you may want to make provisional alternative accommodation if you come from a distance away and need to stay somewhere near for your child to attend.
Please take this into account when booking as the final decision regarding the full camp/day camp could be made during the last couple of weeks.
If you have volunteered to be a full time helper then please let me know if you are still happy to help and stay on site if we go to a day camp format.
If your child becomes positive for COVID or has been told to isolate, we will offer a full refund in this situation, however we will need some proof of the result or advice to isolate.
We are planning to have a brief Q+A webinar soon to help with any queries but in the meantime please contact Steve and I via email@example.com or speak to Edmund if needed.
We are really hoping to have a full residential sail camp like we have had in the past.
Keep fingers and toes crossed that this can happen.
Looking forward to seeing you all again soon.
Kathryn and Steve
This event currently has no tickets available.
Last updated 8:13am on 20 May 2021