UYC Family Week - Monday 10th to Friday 14th August
Published 18:34 on 24 Jul 2020
Family Week at UYC will run this summer but it is going to have to be on a much lower key than previous years.
Think more along the lines of an opportunity for all those in the UYC family (UYC members) to gather together and simply enjoy all that the club and the wider area has to offer. Tents and motorhomes are allowed on site through the week with the Birkett Field also being made available - please book spaces via UYC website. Family Week is for UYC members only.
Please note that only the clubhouse toilets and onsite portaloos are accessible and there will be no onsite shower facilities as things stand. Day visits by UYC members are equally welcome.
During the week it would be great to do a range of fun socially distant activities together - but they will only happen if members want them!
* Access to sail training (subject to confirmation)
* Informal leisure sails (along the lines of the Birkett Flotilla which Andrew Bailey organised in July)
* Socially distant picnics / barbecues
* Fish and chip night (one of the Penrith fish and chip shops can now deliver to UYC)
* Ice cream van afternoon
* Informal walks from UYC along Ullswater Way
* Time to explore Ullswater, the Eden Valley and further afield.
It would be really helpful to hear from members if they plan to be at UYC all or part of the week.
Also, it would be helpful to know what ideas you like the sound of (plus any others which are not mentioned) and then we can gauge interest / feasibility. This is especially important for us to consider a fish and chip night / ice cream van as a minimum order will apply. Also if you are PB2 qualified we would value hearing from you.
- Charlie Thornton
Last updated 09:44 on 24 September 2020