#LoveUYC Quiz Questions
- 1.Where was the first UYC race sailed from on July 13, 1958?
- 2.Who is Club President?
- 3.What mythological animal is on the UYC burgee?
- 4.What is on top of the weather vane in front of the Crown Inn in Pooley Bridge?
- 5.When was it erected?
- 6.Name the five Ullswater Steamers. (5 points)
- 7.Which is the oldest steamer?
- 8.The River Eamont flows into what river?
- 9.What is the first name of the current Lord Birkett, grandson of Lord Norman Birkett 'Saviour of Ullswater'?
- 10.What dessert is the Sharrow Bay Hotel famous for?
- 11.Who wrote the poem that begins: 'I wandered lonely as a cloud'?
- 12.What is the poem called?
- 13.Name the three islands at the Southern end of the lake. (3 points)
- 14.What was the name of Donald Campbell's boat in which he set the world water speed record on Ullswater in July 1955?
- 15.What is the name of the famous boathouse on the shore near Waterfoot mark?
- 16.What is the Rampsbeck Hotel called now?
- 17.What is the name of the 19th century church at the top of the winding road above Howtown?
- 18.What is the name on the ice cream van that comes to the club every Sunday?
- 19.How many UYC buoys should there be on the lake not counting ODM?
- 20.What is Peely Slapehold?
Total 26 points
Last updated 14:03 on 27 November 2020