Job Vacancies at UYC
3.7.20 Ullswater Yacht Club Assistant Sailing Manager Seasonal, Part Time Vacancy
£12ph Sunday, to the end of November. 8 hour working day between the hours of 8.00am and 6.00pm plus bank holidays during the season and some Saturdays. Additional hours by negotiation on any day of the week
Would you like to work with an award winning RYA Sailing Club in the heart of the English Lake District?
Ullswater Yacht Club (UYC), winner of the Royal Yachting Association (RYA) club of the year, currently has an exciting vacancy for an Assistant Sailing Manager (ASM) to work within our operational team.
As an ASM you will support the Sailing Manager to manage all waterborne activities at UYC including the provision of sailing related facilities and equipment in order to deliver high quality training, leisure sailing and racing and to ensure a high level of water safety is maintained.
This role can provide you with opportunities for development whilst working within our existing operational team at UYC and the role has some compliance and budget responsibilities.
Your responsibilities as the UYC ASM will be to support the Sailing Manager to:
- * Achieve compliance with Health and Safety (H&S) and other legislation regarding Water Safety
- * Enact the risk assessment and accident reporting and review process used by the operational team relating to all sailing activities.
- * Implement emergency procedures including liaison with emergency services.
- * Provide the required safety, sailing training and racing facilities in a state of readiness for all sailing events.
- * Deliver high quality sailing training for UYC members and visitors of all ages and abilities with interests in sailing. Manage safety boat and race box training for club members
- * Appoint instructors where necessary to undertake training and ensuring that they are competent and work within the relevant legislation whilst on site.
- * Work with the membership to facilitate the launching or retrieval of members' cruisers
- * Deliver high quality racing for UYC members and visitors of all ages and abilities
- * Ensure that all practical measures are employed to secure and protect club property and that of members and visitors.
- * Work with the Marketing Officer and Sailing Committee to actively promote the sailing school
- * As a first point of contact for visitors, maintaining a welcoming atmosphere and provide initial information to potential new members
- * Contribute to meetings and deliver status reports to the membership and the Board
- * RYA Senior Instructor and Power Boat 2 essential
- * Experience of sailing racing or management of same essential
- * Ability to work as part of a team, working with and encouraging volunteers to contribute where appropriate. Good people management skills are essential in this role.
- DBS Certificate would be essential
- * Driving Licence essential
- * PC Literate - Emails - Word Excel or similar essential
- * Basic maintenance knowledge & skills essential hands on where necessary
- * An understanding of Health and Safety and Building Maintenance Legislation desirable
- * Basic Administrative skills for record keeping and daily communications desirable
- * Financial awareness and the ability to track payments and work within budgets desirable
NEST Pension, free single membership of the Club whilst employed. Paid monthly in arrears. For further details and full role profile contact Marion Marshall email@example.com. The closing date for applications is midnight, on July 17th, 2020. UYC is an equal opportunity employer.
Last updated 13:20 on 3 July 2020