Sailing Experiences and Team Building events
At UYC we provide Sailing Experiences and Team Building Events in the setting of Cumbria's most beautiful lake. This is an ideal place to bring your customers for an unforgettable day on the water managed by professional instructors. Sailing is a natural team-building activity in which all crew members have important roles and where communication and support are vital. Whatever your objectives, we will work with you to tailor a programme to suit your company's needs. UYC can provide half and full day sailing experiences or we can put together a structured day with Royal Yachting Association accredited instruction finishing off with some racing to drive that competitive winning spirit.
The UYC clubhouse enjoys spectacular views across Ullswater and offers modern facilities and disabled access. In addition to the main club room we have a separate training room with audio visual equipment.
As a Royal Yachting Association Training Centre, we meet the exacting standards for instructors, boats, safety and facilities which are all regularly and independently assessed. From Chief Instructor, Senior Instructors, Sailing Instructors and their assistants you will find helpful and patient guidance as you move from first stepping into a boat to confidently sailing a boat yourselves. All of our events take place under the control of the Chief Instructor who will also arrange patrol craft that will respond to any difficulty or concern on the water,
Boats and Equipment
We provide both sailing dinghies and power boats. We have a wide range of single handed and multi crew sailing dinghies to suit everyone from novices to experienced sailors. In addition we have a number of RIBs powered by outboard motors. Please note that there is a 10mph speed limit enforced on the lake so this is not designed to be a high speed thrill. UYC will provide all the equipment needed and we ask that participants bring some warm clothing and trainers that you don't mind getting wet. A dry change of clothing is also advisable
Typical Sailing Day
Below is a typical day but all events can be tailored to your specific requirements and time availability.
· Meet at the UYC clubhouse or alternatively we can pick you up by boat from your hotel.
· Breakfast and introduction to the instructors.
· Safety on the water briefing.
· Kitting out including what and what not to wear.
· 'What are all these strings for?' parts of a boat, what they do and how to rig it. We can include a competitive challenge at this point. Which team has listened most and who can rig a boat correctly and fastest.
· Back into the clubhouse to learn the principles of sailing and some basic things to get going on the water e.g what happens when the wind blows.
· Launching and coming back safely. The latter is particularly important as we try to send most people home.
· Getting to where you want to be. Sailing in front of the clubhouse is good but it's a big lake with some fabulous views that you don't want to miss.
· How fast will the boat go? Racing back to the clubhouse.
· Debrief and drying off.
· Prizegiving and sitting in the bar.
· Back to the hotel or home.
We will provide detailed pricing once we know how many people will be in your party, how long you want to spend with us and the activities you would like to organise.
To find out more, contact UYC Sailing Manager Edmund Clarke, tel 07826382612, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 13:09 on 28 June 2020