Youth and Junior Fun Day, Aug 30
Dear Youths and Juniors (and mums, dads and guardians),
We are looking forward to our UYC Fun Day on Sunday 30th August. It is for juniors aged 7+ who have their Stage 2 or higher or are able to sail a shallow triangular course.
The day will start at 9 am for registration to be ready to go on the water for 10 am with your boat rigged and ready to go. The races will be 10am-12 and 2-4pm with a break for lunch and some fun in between. Please let us know if you are attending so we can plan the day accordingly. It is really important to sign the permissions form for juniors to do activities with the club and there is a choice to sign for photos to be taken during the day. Please follow the link to do this online on the club website: https://forms.gle/21iFZQ6Mw3G7brWA7
We are splitting the children into teams for the racing with some separate races for different abilities, too. There will be points for the races and all the points gained will go toward the team winning the day. The finishing time will be slightly flexible according to activities but will be no later than 4pm with prizes shortly after. All prizes will be covid secure so the kids can have them straight away. Parents/guardians need to stay on site please.
We will launch the boats from the dinghy field but the rest of the time we are taking over the windsurfer lawn for briefings and for the team games. There will be picnic tables on the Birkett fields for families to use for lunch and parents to sit and watch from if they want to and we will use part of the Birkett field for games as well. Please don't move the tables as we will have spaced them out re Covid rules.There will be gazebos for the children to use on the windsurfer lawn if it is sunny (or wet). Please bring a packed lunch for your child to have and plenty of drinks for them.
We do need to stick to UYC and RYA Covid rules so please bear with us regarding this. There will be a team of helpers (in red shirts ) who will help us on the day to keep to the rules.
* Please use the Q scanner to register your family on site at the start of the day following our track and trace rules. If you are having difficulty using this then please email Mark Humphreys our facilities manager 24hrs ahead so he can register you and help if necessary use the Q scanner.
* Register at the registration table in the Birkett field so we know you are here!
* The toilets will be open - REMEMBER YOU NEED TO WEAR A MASK TO USE THE CLUB'S TOILETS
* Parents /guardians need to help their child rig their boat, launch it and recover it at the end of the day.
* Please be mindful not to help others with their trolleys.
* The trolleys must be pulled back and placed neatly so other club members can use the launching area.
* Please maintain social distancing throughout the day.
* Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the club.
* If the activity requires it our helpers will ensure the children use sanitiser before and after the activity.
* Children in their teams will still need to keep distanced on shore but we remind them of this.
* We need to maintain distance on the windsurfer lawn and games area of the Birkett field so we may need to ask you to move on if needs be.
Thanks for understanding that we have had to give so many instructions on how we will run the day, but we would not be allowed to run such an event without them.
We are really looking forward to seeing you all and having some fun racing and games for all the juniors in UYC.
See you all on Sunday.
Steve and Kathryn
Last updated 12:58 on 16 February 2021